IT Principles are "Information Technology constitution" approved by the decision makers.
As this is a constitution (law) - exceptions and violations are not allowed. From this perspective they should not be controvertial, numerous nor change frequently.
- Maximize benefit to the enterprise as a whole
- Evergreen IT - only supported software versions for critical applications
- Agility through modularity
- Efficiency through standardisation
- Nonstandard solutions only in SOA manner
- Reusable capabilities instead of single purpose solutions
- Convergent solutions instead of individual products
- Common customer view and information integrity
- On-line and self-service first
- Unified customer experience across all channels
Notice, that Principles reflect key aspects of strategy.